Wilmer Gardner Research Library
The Clackamas County Family History Society hosts its equipment and collection at the Wilmer Gardner Research Library at the Museum of the Oregon Territory. The library is open from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Wednesdays and the first and third Saturdays of the month. Access to the library is free, but donations are appreciated. The Family History Society and CCHS have unique documents, such as:
- Books, microfilm, maps, donation land claim records and biographical records
- Unindexed records of births, marriages, deaths and burials in Clackamas County, as well as a selection of records from other Oregon counties
- Selection of Clackamas County hospital records
- Clippings of local obituaries
- Reference collections including Native American history, industry and transportation
- Family histories donated by researchers
- Vertical files, organized by subject and family name, with articles, newspaper clippings and research notes on topics related to Clackamas County and the Oregon country
Access to photographs and documents owned by CCHS can be arranged. For questions about that collection, contact our collections manager.
Call 503.655.5574 for additional information about the Family History Society or the research library.