Black_CCHS transparent logo uncropped.png
 

OUR HISTORY


Clackamas County Historical Society was established in 1952 and shortly thereafter began to accept historic objects, photos, and other donated materials from the local community. With humble beginnings, the CCHS collection increased considerably when founding member Mertie Stevens left her childhood home and over 1000 objects to CCHS in 1968. Afterwards the Stevens House Museum opened its doors as a heritage museum and officially put CCHS on the map.